Francesco Cerrato was born in Asti in 1982 and began studying violin with Lee Robert Mosca at the Suzuki Talent Center in Turin at the age of 4 years old and composition at 13 years old with Arturo Sacchetti. Since his childhood he has been the protagonist of international television and theater shows (RAI, Mediaset, Smith-Hemion Productions).
After graduating at age 17, he continued his violin studies with Pavel Vernikov. Cerrato has won numerous international competitions during the first phase of his concert career and has participated in more than 400 concerts in Europe, Russia, Africa, Brazil, USA, Korea and Japan. In 2012 he founded the research group on ancient music Armoniosa with which he has an intense concert and record activity throughout Europe. On the British magazine “Gramophone” Cerrato has been described as “an authentic violin ace”.
His polyhedral career brought him into contact with great artists of music and entertainment like Roger Moore, Audrey Hepburn, Al Jarreau, Carla Fracci, Reinhard Goebel, Giuliano Carmignola, Mario Brunello, Enrico Bronzi, Fabio Vacchi, Azio Corghi, Luca Ronconi, Giorgio Conte, Ron, Vittorio De Scalzi, Roberto Tiranti, Daniele Di Bonaventura, Javier Girotto, Rita Marcotulli, Giampaolo Bandini, Cesare Chiacchiaretta and many others.
He collaborates as a composer, violinist and music producer with the best international music labels like EMI-KPM, Decca, Sony, Naxos, Warner-Chappell and others. His music is daily broadcasted in TV shows (BBC, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, CBS, NBC, ABC, RAI, Mediaset and others), documentaries (Discovery) and independent films and series all over the world.
It is founder and president of Reddress s.r.l., a company born in 2018 for the production and distribution of music albums and event organization. Since 2021, with the production of “Larvae” a short film by Alessandro Rota, RedDress extends its activities as a film production company for independent movies.
In 2022 gets the job as composer and arranger in residence, for the Christmas concerts dedicated to the shareholders of the bank “Gruppo Cassa di Risparmio di Asti”, composing and arranging songs for the rock-symphonic ensemble “Pops’Harmonic Orchestra” with the collaboration of Italian singers like Enrico Ruggeri, Eugenio Finardi, Andrea Mirò.
From January 2023 moved his studio in Turin and collaborates with the record labels Machiavelli Music (Italy), Glory Oath+Blood/Warner Chappell, Industry Music (Los Angeles, USA) and others.
NOMINATIONS & AWARDS
- 1st prize winner at “Mario Nascimbene Award, Orsogna 2016” for best score
- Nomination at the “Production Music Awards, London 2019” for best contemporary classics track
- Grand Prize winner at “International Youth Music Competition, Atlanta 2021” for best concert music piece
- Winner at “Mark Awards, Los Angeles 2022” for best use in a documentary-film series
- Winner at “Cannes Indie Shorts Awards 2022” for best soundtrack
- Winner at “Ethereal Horror Fest, Austin 2022” for best soundtrack
- Winner at “Dark Veins Fest, Italy 2022” for best soundtrack
- Double nominations at the “Production Music Awards, London 2023” for best Christmas track & best use in a TV drama